Lap Band Surgery in Mexico
What is lap band surgerery in Mexico?
The Lap-band System is a surgically implanted device used to help you lose weight. The System consists of a hollow silicone band, tubing, and an access port.
When is the lap-band surgery in Mexico used?
The lap-band system is used for weight loss in severely obese adults who have been obese for at least five years and for whom non-surgical weight loss methods have not been successful. They must be willing to make major changes in their eating habits and lifestyle. Patients must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of at least 40, a BMI of at least 35 with one or more severe morbid (unhealthy) conditions, or be at least 100 pounds over their estimated ideal weight.
How does it work?
In a surgical procedure, the band is placed around the upper part of the stomach, creating a small pouch that can hold only a small amount of food.
The narrowed opening between the stomach pouch and the rest of the stomach controls how quickly food passes from the pouch to the lower part of the stomach. The system helps you to eat less by limiting the amount of food that can be eaten at one time and increasing the time it takes for food to be digested.
Depending on your needs, after the device is implanted the narrowed opening between the pouch and the lower part of the stomach can be adjusted in size by inflating or deflating the hollow lap-band. Inflating the lap-band makes the opening smaller, causing food to pass more slowly.
Deflating the lap-band makes it wider, causing food to pass more quickly.
This adjustment is made by adding or removing fluid inside the hollow lap-band. The doctor does this by injecting or removing the fluid through a small button-like part called the access port. This access port is placed under the skin in a muscle in the chest wall. The port is connected to the lap-band by the tubing.
Who is suitable for a gastric balloon procedure in Mexico?
Gastric balloons are ideal for people who have tried to lose weight through dieting and exercise, but have failed to achieve their desired weight loss target and would like to avoid future weight gain. What’s more, gastric balloons are suitable for people with a BMI of over 25, while gastric bands and gastric bypass surgery are only suitable for people with a BMI in excess of 35.
What will the lap-band surgery accomplish?
Your lap-band surgery in mexico will help you lose weight. In the U.S. study, the average weight loss was 36% of a patient‚Äôs excess weight three years after the device was implanted. More than half of the patients lost at least 25% of their excess weight; some patients lost over 75%.
Benefits of the lap-band surgery in Mexico
- Least invasive surgical option
- No intestinal re-routing
- No cutting or stapling of the stomach wall or bowel
- Small incisions and minimal scarring
- Reduced patient pain, length of hospital stay and recovery period
Fewer Risks and Side Effects
- Significantly lower mortality risk compared to other obesity surgeries
- Low risk of nutritional deficiencies associated with gastric bypass
- Reduced risk of hair loss
- No ‚Äúdumping syndrome‚ÄĚ related to dietary intake restrictions
- Allows individualized degree of restriction for ideal, long-term weight loss rate
- Adjustments performed without additional surgery
- Supports pregnancy by allowing stomach outlet size to be opened for increased nutritional need
- Removable at any time
- Stomach and other anatomy are generally restored to their original forms and functions
Effective Long-Term Weight Loss
- Comparable resolution of co-morbidities such as diabetes and high blood pressure when compared with gastric bypass surgery
- Over 50 percent of excess weight loss maintained at the five year post-surgery mark
- Contact us today
- Receive free quote within 24 hours
- You decide
- Surgeon will review your records
- We help arranging logistics
- Medical Treatment
- Return home